Rio Tinto AMRUN, QLD
Production of fully coordinated detailed designs for multiple Non-Process Infrastructure Buildings serving the Rio Tinto South of Embley Bauxite Mine. Facilities included MV/ LV & HV refueling facilities, Warehouse and Workshops, HV Tyre Change Bay, HV/MV & LV Wash Bays and Central Facilities Buildings.
James was the Services Design Lead responsible for the underground potable water, wastewater & raw water reticulation systems, the compressed air generation and reticulation systems, lubricant storage, dispensing and reticulation systems as well as the piping design for the above ground diesel refueling systems. James managed design coordination and project reporting including aspects of resourcing, finances, periodic reporting to client and attending meetings and workshops. He was also responsible for stakeholder management including client and contractor liaison.
Rio Tinto Brockman 4, WA
RTIO Brockman 4 Phase 1. $2.2 billion Greenfield Iron Ore Mine in the Pilbara. James was the Project Engineer responsible for the NPI infrastructure construction and commissioning. The primary focus was on the coordination and management of the engineering design, construction and management of the site wide water services such as process (plant) pumping systems, borefields development, potable water storage and distribution, fire suppression and sewerage and washdown water systems.
Rio Tinto West Angelas B, WA
James was the Services Design Lead overseeing the production of multi-discipline detailed design documentation on behalf of the Construction Team reporting to Rio Tinto’s EPCM Contractor. Works included a new Warehouse, MEM Workshop extension, HV Washdown, HV Tyre Change Bay and Bulk Lubricant storage facility as well as interconnecting NPI services between the facilities such as potable & raw water, fire water, wastewater, power & communications services.
Rio Tinto Cape Lambert, WA
Non-Process Infrastructure, James managed the production of multi-discipline detailed documentation for five (5) separate packages of works directly to Rio Tinto Asset and Towns Management.
Karrara Magnetite Mine, WA
James was the Area Engineer for Gindalbie Metals including the engineering design, construction and management of the mine site non-process infrastructure (NPI) including:
- Design and construction of the process plant central facilities – Warehouse, Workshops and Wash-down facilities;
- Design and implementation of the site-wide fire detection, alarm and water suppression systems including the off-site manufacture of the central fire water pumping systems;
- Construction of the underground high-voltage power distribution network;
- Design and construction of the central potable water and sewerage reticulation systems;
- Design, manufacture, delivery and installation of the mine site crib facilities;
- Design, manufacture, delivery and installation of the process plant main control room;
- Support for the construction of the mine-site civil infrastructure works e.g. construction of the mine site airport, bulk earthworks etc.
Roy Hill, WA
James managed the production of multi-discipline detailed design documentation for the Warehouse, Workshops, Belt Splice store, Administration Building and Central Control Room on behalf of the Construction Contractor. In addition, James was seconded to provide Project Management Services directly to the Client to assist in the completion of critical Works on Site.
Other Project Experience
- Roy Hill Mine Services Area, WA
- Roy Hill Locomotive Refuelling & Provisioning, WA
- RTIO Yandi OHP Drainage Works, WA
- RTIO Cape Lambert Coarse Ore Stockpile Tunnel Ventilation, WA
- RTIO Dewatering Shed WTS-1, WA
- RTIO Brockman WTS-1 NPI Expansion, WA
- RTIO Transit Facilities, WA
- RTIO Cape Lambert Rail Central Facilities, WA
- Tianqui Lithium Processing Plant Laboratory, WA
- Albermarle Lithium Plant Kemerton, WA
- South Metro Tafe Boilermaker Apprentice Workshop, WA
- Newcrest Mining Lihir Feasibility Study, PNG
- Natural Fuels Biodiesel Facility, NT
- FMG Cloudbreak Maintenance Hub Feasibility Study, WA
- BHP Welshpool Apprentice Training Workshops, WA
- Cliffs Natural Resources- Windarling Airport, WA